THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 21, 2010

From Darryl

From the BLOG, Stew & Darryl Go to Haiti
http://www.stewanddarrylgotohaiti.blogspot.com
Join our FaceBook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/ucthealinghands

It is now 10:15pm here, we went to Indigo beach. Stew and I have been talking for hours, waiting to get on the computer. We are the last ones to go to bed. We are going to church in the morning. The beach was fabulous today. The road we traveled on, to the beach, was much better this year, it only took two hours. Stew got to see some of the countryside. It was awesome. Stew and I swam, played in the pool, ate good food, etc., etc. Great excape and relaxing.

Friday- After our 12 hour shift at the Miami Hospital, we came home and slept for a few hours, then to the pharmacy here at the clinic. The night at miami hospital was the most amazing, I was the only pharmacist, mixing IV's, (I have not done this for 30 years), taking orders from Haitian nurses, doctors helped me figure out how much morphine to give in an IV over a 12 hour period, etc. I cut my finger on an ampule (I had to break 17 glass ampules to mix in the IV), it bled good, but we kept going. Stew was a good help in the pharmacy. At about 3am, a doctor needed a certain medication for a ruptured ear drum, and by the spirit and looking in the right box I was able to find what he needed. It has been an amazing trip and a bit scarry at times. I have many things to tell you, but for now, I cannot say how much I love America and my family.

0 comments: