THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stew's Weekend Update

From the BLOG, Stew & Darryl Go to Haiti
http://www.stewanddarrylgotohaiti.blogspot.com
Join our FaceBook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/ucthealinghands

3/19 I slept around the puddles in the tent this morning but after the night in the hospital you just don't care if you pillow is wet. It was cloudy and cool. We all enjoyed the break.

3/20 Friday was a lost day after the all night-er at Miami hospital. We went shopping and i found you some authentic Haitian kitchen stuff. The jewelry has been very basic and cheap looking, but I am still looking. I think it could to a good tool for fund raising. I hear threw the grape vine that HHH has reached their goal of fund-raising to build the new hospital but who knows what the money will be used for.

Saturday was so awesome we left at 7 to go to Club Indigo. We traveled 30 miles through a shanty town called City of Sole ( like circ de sole) which they have gone around in years past because of the danger. There was an accident but I am getting ahead of my self. We got there at 9 and had cold cokes with ice. They have a large pool with a view of the ocean with blue Caribbean water. There are about 400 rooms and 200 have roofs. We swam and relaxed and look at local art and large conch shells form the ocean. I borrowed snorkeling gear and found my happy place. Darryl had to come get me after I got too far down the beach because he would not be able to save me from there. He is such a mother hen lol. I found some great shells beautiful conch , star fish and sand dollars and others but later returned them to the ocean because someone was living in them. We left at 4. (Much needed emotional and physical break after the week).

We left at 4 of us had to stop on the side of the road because of a case of Montezuma's revenge. While traveling through Sole we hit a pig with our 30 passenger bus and sent him spinning off the side of the road. The whole bus gasped as we watched it slide on his side. We really did not need this (have i told you about the driving there is not enough time or space to describe the madness). Thank God as we all looked out the back window the pig got up and walked away. The pig collision slowed us down enough to stop for the cattle just ahead.

Tomorrow we are going to church and taking inventory of the pharmacy. Darryl is already talking about home but I cannot go there yet in my mind or I will go crazy missing home.

0 comments: