THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 15, 2010

First message from Stew!

from the BLOG, Stew & Darryl Go to Haiti
www://stewanddarrylgotohaiti.blogspot.com

I made it to Haiti. we had a good tour of Port au prince this morning in an old van looking for lost luggage and getting volunteers out. Hot humid and dusty and I love it. what a beautiful country the people are all dressed in sunday best , clean and happy and want to talk about it. The people at the compound are awesome... 6 women cooking and 15 or so interpeters drivers and guards with shotguns. little boys playing down the hill by the river. we have been up 24hrs and 2hrs sleep sat. these people are animals we are working 7 to 7am at the miami hospital. I am sorting donations in the pharmacy and helping mix iv shots for about 40 people in the tent. It feels so good to serve these people. I went out to the well to get water for the tent and it turned in to an hour of filling the water bottles of the patients and families. I feel so blessed and so greatful for this opportunity. I wish you were here thank you so much.

0 comments: