THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stew just called me! YEAH!

From the BLOG, Stew & Darryl Go to Haiti
http://www.stewanddarrylgotohaiti.blogspot.com
Join our FaceBook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/ucthealinghands

So all of a sudden, I walk in the room and my cell phone is vibrating with a strange phone number. I catch it too late and think...shoot...I bet that was Stew. So yup! I get a message (so great to hear his voice) saying to call him back at this number. So I dial the number and it says "the number can't be completed as dialed."

Dang! I start praying, please call me back but in the meantime I remember about the international calling code so dial 011 and then the number and such a huge relief to hear his AMAZING Voice on the other end!

He sounded so good and alive! He was just full of laughter and joy! He said that right now he is helping in the pharmacy in sorting out vitamins. He's had a ton of kids (ages 9-12) helping him out too. He gave them some balls and candy but at one point he had to get a little stern with them and break up a fight. One of the staff members' sons (that is from a different neighborhood) was getting a little picked on by the rest so... papa Stew had to break it up! (Boys will be boys here or in Haiti)!


He said that he has his safari hat on and everyone has been calling him Captain. LOL

He had the most miserable night sleeping last night (for those that you know him and heat--its not his friend). And he's on the bottom of a bunk on a 2nd floor and the power is out now so no a/c so he finally went down stairs to a couch but someone else got smart too.

He says Darryl SNORES LOUD and needs to see a doctor about it! LOL Gotta love brother in laws!

Darryl piped in for a minute and said Stew has taken over his job...they think Stew is the pharmacist! I can't wait to see a picture of him in scrubs!

He is a little lost without me taking care of him though he says as he's lost his Ipod and the head-light I got for him... (I think this is good for him to learn to be responsible FINALLY! NOT)

He's going to try to call back tonight when the kids are home so hopefully he'll have more to tell us!

His spirit is good! He loves Haiti and their people!

0 comments: