THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

From Joyce

From the BLOG, Stew & Darryl Go to Haiti
http://www.stewanddarrylgotohaiti.blogspot.com
Join our FaceBook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/ucthealinghands

What a long day. I worked at Miami Hospital for 12 hours and ran and ran. I can't believe that I was there 12 hours. I took care of mostly earthquake victims. Several with crushed limbs, one or 2 with amputations and 2 that were paralized. Life for many will never be the same in Haiti. One of my patients has been diagnosed with depression (surprise) and the Dr. ordered Zoloft (a antidepressant) for him. Obviously this Dr. has never been to Haiti before, this young man would never be able to stay on this medication at discharge. He wouldn't be able to find Zoloft here and he wouldn't be able to afford it is he could. Most people here never see a Dr. and if they do it is rare. I worry for the people here that come to depend on the hospital. This hospital is wonderful but it will not be able to maintain the level of volunteers for the length of time that Haiti needs help. Sad.

0 comments: